Schoolgirl dies after charging phone exploded as she listened to music in bed

2019-09-30 13:41
Charging phone. (PHOTO: Getty/Gallo Images)

Charging phone. (PHOTO: Getty/Gallo Images)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A schoolgirl was killed in her sleep after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow as she slept.

Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek (14), from Kazakhstan, went to bed listening to music on her cellphone which was plugged into a power socket, Daily Mail reports.

The next morning she was found dead after the phone’s battery had exploded close to her head. Her distraught parents had tried to resuscitate her but were unsuccessful. 

Police said she’d suffered severe head injuries and is believed to have died immediately, Sun UK reports.

According to local reports, forensic experts determined the young girl’s phone had exploded because it had overheated as it was charging.

The teenager’s best friend shared a heartfelt post on Facebook, expressing her disbelief, Mirror UK reports.

“I still can’t believe it,” she wrote.

“You were the best. We’ve been together since childhood. It’s so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You’ve left me forever.”

Sources: Daily Mail, Sun UK, Mirror UK

 

 

Read more on:    phones
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.