Teen electrocuted while using hair straightener

2019-11-22 14:59
(PHOTO: Getty Images/Gallo Images)

(PHOTO: Getty Images/Gallo Images)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

A 17-year-old girl tragically lost her life when she was electrocuted while using hair tongs at home.

Melanie Anaya, from San Rafael in western Argentina, reportedly screamed during the incident and was rushed to hospital where she was later declared dead.

When police authorities confirmed that Melanie had died of electrocution, the hair straightener was seized for further investigation.

Martin Carrizo, a stylist from Hair Carrizo in Buenos Aires, said that “hair straighteners are, in general, very safe”.

However, he added: “What can happen is that sometimes the wire starts to twist with the movement, and this can cause internal movement in the cable which can generate a short circuit.”

According to the stylist, straighteners should always be well insulated and “never left without protection”.

 “We should care for them very well,” he warned.

Sources: Magazine Features

 

 

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 

Matric Results are coming soon!

Notify me when results become available

/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.