Take Safety Precautions when using ‘Imbawula’

2017-06-29 06:01

The Western Cape Government Health would like to inform the communities of the risks of carbon monoxide inhalation as a result of using an imbawula. This saw four people being admitted to Khayelitsha Hospital between Thursday and Friday last week. Symptoms of carbon monoxide inhalation include headache, dizziness, vomiting, chest pain, flu like symptoms and confusion. The imbawula should not be used in an enclosed environment, such as a house, shack or container.

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.