2018-05-17 06:00

MUSCULOSKELETAL disorders often result in joint pain/or stiffness.

Patients often start with pain relieving medication which may include home remedies. Some may visit their doctor for further advice or treatment.

So when should one consult a chiropractor? As soon as one experiences joint/back/neck or muscle pain and/or stiffness, one should consult a chiropractor for a proper clinical and biomechanical assessment.

The treatment, which is usually conservative, will depend on the underlying cause (diagnosis). The longer one takes to receive treatment, the worse the prognosis (outcome).

When pain and loss of function becomes chronic it becomes much more difficult to treat the condition. Therefore, patients are advised to consult their chiropractor as soon as symptoms are experienced.

Please contact Dr Shaik at 032 541 6028 or 078 655 6299 to make an appointment.


Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.