SAPS Tongaat spokesperson Captain Patrick Ngwane said no case had been opened. Division commander for Umhlanga Fire Station Jay Kanniappen said two vehicles were dispatched to the scene. “We suspected that the fire was a result of unattended cooking items left on a stove. No one sustained injuries.”Ward councillor Zanele Khumalo who was first at the scene said the affected families received blankets from Disaster Management.“The fire victims will be house at their neighbour’s houses until the Human Settlements Department give them assistance. “We are working very hard to ensure that they get the assistance they deserve.“I would like to make it clear that the incident was not related to illegal connections. Frasers was electrified a long time ago.”Khumalo said she was due to meet with the officials from different departments on Wednesday in order to sought assistance for the fire victims.