Accused in court again

2017-02-01 06:02

A young man of Memel, standing accused of allegedly murdering and burying a victim in a shallow grave, is expected to reappear in the town’s magistrate’s court today (01/02).

The suspect, Jan Jacques Jordaan, is facing a charge of murder after allegedly killing Brendan Lockett (46) earlier in January. He was denied bail on his second appearance on Wednesday (25/01).

Sgt Mmako Mophiring, police spokesperson, said the victim originated from Gau­teng and was “homeless”. He said the victim was positively identified by his family.

The accused was arrested after his parents had informed the police about the gruesome murder five days after it had happened.

Mophiring said the victim had been attacked by Jordaan after they had been embroiled in a heated argument.

The deceased’s body was recovered from a shallow grave inside the yard of a house which the suspect had been looking after.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 

Matric Results are coming soon!

Notify me when results become available

/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.