Hearing to continue after postponement

2019-09-11 06:00

The preliminary hearing in the murder of Naledi Chaka (4) is expected to continue in the Thaba Nchu Magistrate’s Court on Friday (13/09) after it was postponed for further investigation.

Sgt Martin Xuma, spokesperson for the police cluster, said the investigation included forensic evidence to further determine the cause of death, and to establish if the child had been raped. The suspect is still behind bars and he did not apply for bail during his two previous appearances, on 27 July and 7 August. The police said the suspect was not asked to plead.

The suspect faces charges of murder and kidnapping following his arrest in July in connection with the murder of Naledi after the police had discovered the body of the child in a pit-toilet in the yard in which the suspect resides in Selosesha, Thaba Nchu. Her body was discovered on 26 July after her parents had reported her as missing on 21 July.

According to reports, the 36-year-old suspect is a professional nurse, known by the victim’s family.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.