Are you a tenant or landlord with problems?

2018-03-21 06:01

ANYONE experiencing problems in their rented properties, as a tenant or landlord, should be aware of the KZN Rental Housing Tribunal which was established to resolve disputes between tenants and landlords in residential dwellings flats, apartments, backyard rooms, houses, shacks or hut) caused by an unfair practice. The Department of Human Settlements has issued the following in regard to the tribunal:

• Do you need advice on your rights and obligations as tenant or landlord?

• Do you need advice with regards to lease agreements?

• Are you unfairly treated at your rental property?Examples include: lack of maintenance, illegal lockout, intimidation, non-payment of rental, non-refund of deposits, failure to issue of receipts, disconnection of services, nuisance, damage to property.

Lodge a complaint with Rental Housing Tribunal to resolve your disputes through your municipal office.

• Your disputes will be resolved speedily

• Avoid taking law into your hands. Exercise your rights in an legally accepted manner.

• Protect your rights against unfair practice

This is a free service at all municipalities including Greytown, Newcastle, uMshwathi, Msinga, Newcastle, Ndumeni, Dannhauser, Alfred Duma, Inkosi Langalibalele — all municipalities in Umzinyathi, Uthukela, Amajuba and uMgungundlovu.

For more info contact Ayanda Kalipa or Nokuthula Mtshali on 034 328 760.


Inside News24


Matric Results are coming soon!

Notify me when results become available

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.