Plug phones out

2016-08-04 06:00

PLUGGING in your cellphone for an overnight charge could create a fire hazard.

Cellphone chargers need space to breathe, because they warm up and can possibly overheat while in use.

Experts warn that anything flammable near the charging phone could catch fire, even if the phone isn’t plugged in.

People don’t think that when they’re plugged in the walls and there’s nothing plugged into them, they won’t draw a current, but those chargers can still pull a current, which produces heat and leads to a fire. Users need to make sure not to overcharge their cellphone battery, which can also lead to overheating and a possible fire.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.