RASCAL on Ridge Playschool in Scottsville remains closed after a fire broke out in one of the buildings last Thursday. According to the playschool’s Facebook page school will only resume on October 9, when the new school term begins.About 20 children between the ages of two and four were evacuated from the school shortly after the fire started. According to an unconfirmed report, a source told Maritzburg Fever, when they visited the scene that “sparks from a welding machine flew onto flammable material and before you knew it, the fire had started.”Children were taken to the building next door while waiting for their parents to fetch them. “Children were so terrified but we are glad that no one was injured. The handyman was also terrified because he did not know what to do and he couldn’t extinguish the fire alone. We are glad the fire fighters were so quick to respond,” said the source. Attempts to get comment from Msunduzi fire department, telephonically, were all unsuccessful.