A NORTHDALE family has lost everything they owned when their home on Soni Road burnt down last week.Happy that her family is alive, Deborah Jennifer Shaik said she was relieved to know that her daughter Rezwana Shaik Marian and her two grandchildren managed to escape the fire.“My daughter’s house burnt down and they lost everything. Thank God that she and her two children managed to escape,” said Shaik, adding that although they inhaled lots of smoke, they have been treated for it.Furthermore, the grandmother of two appreciated the help offered to her daughter by Ward 31 councillor Rooksana Ahmed. Due to the children losing everything in the fire, including their school belongings, Ahmed emphasized that Northdale Primary was very willing to assist the pupils.The school donated school socks, shoes and bags, as well as stationery.Shaik also highlighted that they would appreciate donations in the form of clothes for an 11-year-old girl and eight-year-old boy. Shoes would also be appreciated - size 2 for the girl and size 13 for the boy. “Items can be dropped off at 72 Veerappa Road in Northdale. If you can make donations to my daughter’s bank account, use the following details: FNB smart cheque account, Mrs Rezwana Marian, Acc no 62387890223,” said Shaik.Councillor Ahmed said it was important for her as the ward councillor to help the devastated family.“I had to take them to hospital and the family is still very traumatised that is why we are organising trauma counselling for them,” said Ahmed.She added that they are not only preparing to help them with getting their legal documents such as ID and birth certificates, but they are also urging non-profi organisation to rally behind this family.“This is a young couple and they lost everything they had in that house. So organisations are urged to try to donate some sort of furniture or anything that could help this family in need,” said Ahmed.