TENANTS affected by the fire that tore through a house on Lahore Road, Northdale were immediately given aid after the surrounding community reacted by donating goods.It is understood that the fire began just before 11 am after a fight had broken out between a couple.Apparently, the 17-year-old woman, Nana Gwala had refused to clean the room she shared with her 32-year-old boyfriend, resulting in the boyfriend setting the room on fire. Gwala sustained serious burns to her body.The fire engulfed the house before fire services extinguished the flames, leaving behind 11 homeless tenants. Many of the tenants were left traumatised by the events that transpired with most losing everything in the blaze.A heroic response greeted the tenants of the flats with neighbouring communities and residents offering all the support they can to aid those affected. The Sector 4 Community Watch Group identified basic needs of the tenants such as:• Pots• Candles• Bedding• Mattresses • Non-perishable food items and• Bread Since the initiative began last Monday, the Manor Neighbourhood Watch delivered bakkie loads of clothing, food and bedding to assist the victims of the fire and remained behind to assist victims until 2 am on Tuesday. With an overflow of donations for those affected, many donors noted that not everything they donated was being directed to the families affected.In a detailed message on the Sector 4 Community Watch WhatsApp group it was said that many people who were not affected by the blaze were taking the opportunistic approach and trying to cash in.