Biz training for locals

2017-11-21 06:00

Local entrepreneurs have the opportunity to get free leadership and entrepreneurship training this month.

Wendy van Schalkwyk, director of MI-Ashanti International, is hosting a free leadership, business and management development training programme on Wednesday mornings until 29 November.

Van Schalkwyk says: “Only 3% of people have all the necessary leadership and business skills, education and training to run a successful business, leaving 97% of people needing access to the right and relevant training to develop their potential, capacities and competencies.”

MI-Ashanti International is a non-profit organisation which looks to address joblessness, poverty and crime in the valley through the development of business skills.

“High unemployment negatively affects communities.

“Survival becomes desperate and eats away at the human core and moral fibre of people. Increased crime, theft, poverty and hopelessness lead to increased health risks, such as depression and suicide, and potential civil unrest.

“The biggest and saddest challenge is that our youth have not been trained to act or think like entrepreneurs,” she says.

The training course takes place from 10:00 to 11:30 at King of Kings Church.

No previous experience, academic or tertiary education is required to register for the programme.

For participants, the only requirement for registration to this programme is a copy of your ID and proof of address that you live or are an NGO within Fish Hoek.

V To register, send a WhatsApp message to 079 890 0293.

Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.