Dollars kitchen burns

2017-09-05 06:02
Dollars take away in Salt River was badly damaged in a fire.

Dollars take away in Salt River was badly damaged in a fire.

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

The Dollars take-away kitchen in Salt River caught fire on Thursday at about 06:00.

According to the City of Cape Town Fire and Rescue spokesperson Theo Layne, the fire was caused by a faulty short circuit.

“Two fire engines, one rescue vehicle and one hydraulic platform responded. The fire was extinguished and building ventilated by 07:30. No injuries were reported.”

He says other parts of the building had smoke and water damage.

The shop owner, Nazier Narker, says it is a huge loss for him.

On Thursday morning he said he was in no state to talk about it.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.