The Dollars take-away kitchen in Salt River caught fire on Thursday at about 06:00. According to the City of Cape Town Fire and Rescue spokesperson Theo Layne, the fire was caused by a faulty short circuit. “Two fire engines, one rescue vehicle and one hydraulic platform responded. The fire was extinguished and building ventilated by 07:30. No injuries were reported.”He says other parts of the building had smoke and water damage. The shop owner, Nazier Narker, says it is a huge loss for him. On Thursday morning he said he was in no state to talk about it.