A 43-year-old mother from Hanover Park is lucky to be alive after being shot in the head in a shooting in her home recently. Theresa Jantjies from Johndown Walk was hit while standing in her bedroom last Tuesday.People’s Post visited the traumatised woman on Thursday afternoon, only to find her entire home covered in bullet holes – from the front entrance to the back rooms. A bullet hit her front door just hours before our arrival.Police, who visited her last week, say the shooting is being investigated and no suspects have been arrested yet.“Everything happened so fast. I was busy in my kitchen greeting my youngest daughter as she took off for work. My grandchildren were also preparing to go to school when the incident occurred. The first gunshot went off and I panicked, wanting to call my daughter back inside. As I stood in front of my door with my eldest daughter beside me, I saw two men standing on the opposite side ready to shoot again. This is when I told my daughter to run back and get cover,” she says.“The second shot went off, and headed directly into my home, through my kitchen window. I was in my bedroom when the same bullet hit my head. As I tried walking to get cover, I fell with my head on the floor and the blood just started pouring out. As I was lying there I felt a bit dizzy and couldn’t move. My eldest daughter and grandkids were on top of the bed, looking down on me, screaming in fear. She said: ‘Mommy, please don’t die now…’”The emotional woman says all she could think about at that moment was to pray.“I tried to remain calm to bring my daughter down to my level for the sake of my grandchildren. I also tried to hide my head so the little ones couldn’t see the blood. I told her to remain calm and that she should know that I was serving a living God. She stood and looked at me in fear,” she says.Jantjies was released from hospital two days after the shooting and is currently in a stable condition, despite moving around with a cracked skull and blood on her brain.The mother of two says the dangerous living environment is becoming too much for her.She lost her eldest son close to home in another shooting three years ago.“I could have been dead and I only have two daughters left. My son was killed just metres away from our home. My plea to the government is to start looking after the community, especially our children. Save our children at least. We are losing too much and it is paining our mothers and fathers,” Jantjies says.“To our ward councillor: Please, we need a safe environment. We don’t need money and food, for God will provide this. Just place our families in a space where we do not fall victim to this occurrence again. We need the community to stand together in order to eliminate this evil destroying our families. For the sake of our children in Hanover Park, I beg you.”Noleen Barnes, who lives in the same street, rushed to help Jantjies after hearing about the shooting.“When I arrived here, Theresa was lying in the corner of her bedroom with her head tucked in. There was blood everywhere. It was terrible. What was amazing is that this woman was able to walk to the ambulance herself, despite being shot in the head,” she says.“My plea to the ward councillor is to give this family a decent home at least. They are placed on the corner where everything occurs. How many bullets need to hit this home before everyone is killed?”Councillor Antonio van der Rheede could not be reached for comment.If you would like to help the family, call them on 064 425 1750.