Cape Town Tourism has expressed concerns over last week’s robbery at the renowned Belmond Mount Nelson Hotel.The hotel, which is one of Cape Town’s leading hotels, was robbed on Tuesday 16 July. A group of 15 robbers allegedly pulled a coordinated robbery, robbing guests and staff as well as the hotel’s in-house jewellery store. A statement sent out by the hotel confirmed the incident but read that the hotel remained open.“The members of staff and four guests affected are safe. The safety and security of our guests and staff is our utmost priority and we have robust security arrangements in place across our global portfolio, which we regularly review,” read the statement. “We would like to thank the Belmond Mount Nelson team for their professional handling of this incident and for the support that they have provided to those present or affected. “The relevant authorities have been notified and we are supporting the police with their investigation. We are unable to comment further while this investigation is ongoing,” the statement read on. Enver Duminy, chief executive officer (CEO) for Cape Town Tourism said: “We strongly condemn this incident, which is of serious concern to all involved in the tourism industry.”“We will continue to offer support to and engage with those affected by this incident for as long as help is needed.”Duminy said everyone is working together to eliminate the elements of crime in the city. “All stakeholders, including Cape Town Tourism, are actively seeking long-term solutions to keep both local residents, and tourists safe in our city,” Duminy said.According to a statement from the Cape Town Tourism office, several initiatives have been put in place to curb criminal activities affecting local tourism and to ensure the safety all the visitors to the Mother City. “These include our TravelWise Ambassador Programme, ongoing safety awareness communication, industry safety programmes and immediate support in the event of an incident,” reads the statement.Police spokesperson Captain Frederick van Wyk said detectives are working around the clock to find the perpetrators. “No arrest has been made and our detectives are following up on all leads. “They are working around the clock in an effort to find the perpetrators and solve this case,” he said.Van Wyk added that “15 unknown men driving two vehicles, a white Corolla and white Volkswagen (VW) Polo entered at the gate. The security guard at the front gate access control point was held at gunpoint and threatened. “The suspects removed his baton and hand-radio, and two of the suspects stayed with him inside the guard room. “The two vehicles proceeded to the reception area where seven of the suspects entered the hotel foyer. “They pointed staff members and guests with two firearms and robbed them of their personal belongings. The suspects then started breaking the glass cabinet display windows in the foyer with big hammers and removed jewellery, and also took an undisclosed amount of cash from the cash register. The suspects fled the scene in two vehicles,” van Wyk said.