House goes up in flames

2018-11-13 06:00
The Douglas family’s home was destroyed in a fire.

The Douglas family’s home was destroyed in a fire.

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Support has already been streaming in for the Douglas family who lost all their belongings in a fire on Monday 5 November.

While the home was destroyed in the blaze, thankfully no one was injured in the fire.

Clothing and other belongings were lost.

Fire officials attended to the scene after 12:00.

Those affected by the loss were twin girls Zoe and Chloe (Grade 4) as well as a little boy, John (Grade R).

Donations of clothing, food, bedding, toiletries and any other essentials will be gladly appreciated.

The clothing sizes needed for the girls are clothes aged 13 to 14 and shoe size 2.

Boys’ clothes, age 5 to 6, and shoe size 12 are also needed. The father and grandfather wear sizes XXL and men’s size 40.

There were also two high school children affected.

Several organisations, including Differently Beautiful and The Portlands Block B are running collection drives for the family.

V Call Melissa on 073 374 0138.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.