Station 10 Simon’s Town National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) offered their sincerest condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of the diver who lost his life on Saturday 26 January.Darren Zimmerman, NSRI Simon’s Town station commander, said that at 15:03 on Saturday 26 January, NSRI Station 10 Simon’s Town was activated by Cape Medical Response (CMR) to reports of a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in progress at Long Beach.Zimmerman said two adult male divers were scuba diving off-shore of Long Beach, and one of the divers reportedly fell unconscious while under water.“His dive buddy dumped his scuba gear and rescued him towards the shore where he raised the alarm.“Pisces Dive School divers happened to be on the beach at the time and their divers waded into the surf and assisted both men out the water and commenced CPR efforts on the one man. NSRI Simon’s Town, CMR, CoCT Fire and Rescue Service and the SA Police Service responded.“WC Government Health EMS was placed on alert. CPR efforts were continued by paramedics and following extensive CPR efforts a pulse was restored and the man was transported to hospital by CMR ambulance in a critical condition. “His dive buddy was transported to hospital by CMR ambulance in a serious but stable condition.A Police Dive Unit recovered the dive gear from approximately 50m off-shore at a 6m depth. NSRI commends Pisces Dive School for the efforts at rescuing the two men and beginning CPR efforts,” said Zimmerman.In a separate incident at 16:47 on Friday 25 January, the NSRI Station 26 Kommetjie crew was activated following a request for assistance from one of the NSRI crew members reporting their dog, a Malamute, being stung by multiple bees in Kommetjie. The owners were unable to get to their dog because of the swarm of bees and the dog appeared to be suffering multiple stings and an allergic reaction to the bee stings. Ian Klopper, NSRI Kommetjie station commander, said: “NSRI Kommetjie crew responded and were able to recover the dog despite being stung themselves and the dog was rushed to a local vet where medical treatment was administered, but sadly during the night the dog succumbed to injuries and passed away. The NSRI convey our condolences to the family,” he said.