‘Tik koppe’ cause fire at Gatesville Center

2018-11-06 15:57
Photo: Aishah Cassiem

Photo: Aishah Cassiem

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Two motor vehicles were damaged after a fire took place close to the Gatesville Shopping Center in Athlone this afternoon.

According to a witness, two alleged “tik koppe” were lying under two pallets covered with blankets when the fire started just after 13:00.

Nobody was injured during the incident.

Athlone Police spokesperson Sergeant Zita Norman said they are aware of the fire, but nobody reported it.


Join the conversation!

24.com encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.

Settings

Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.




Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.