THE Betania pastor who was arrested for allegedly raping his six- year-old daughter earlier this month walked free on Tuesday after the charges against him were withdrawn due to insufficient evidence.According to previous reports, the child and her three-year-old sibling were left in the care of the pastor after their mother left following a quarrel with the man.Days later, while being looked after by a member of the church, the child allegedly accused the pastor of sexual abuse. The 30-year-old accused spent two weeks in prison before being released on Tuesday.Outside the court, his supporters celebrated and hugged the tearful pastor, reassuring him that the ordeal was “finally over”. The state and Child Welfare however disagreed, as prosecution said inside the courtroom that they were withdrawing the case pending forensic results. The prosecuter further explained that the case would be revisited as soon as a thorough investigation had been completed. Child Welfare Port Shepstone public relations officer Carol Meth echoed these sentiments. “We are awaiting the legal findings in order for us to proceed further,” said Meth. She said that, in the meantime, the child had been taken to a safe house. “The child is currently staying at a place of safety – she is safe,” she said. Port Shepstone SAPS spokesperson Captain Petros Mpinge confirmed the withdrawal, saying: “The case has been withdrawn due to insufficient evidence.”The pastor and his supporters, who were the only ones present at the court case, declined to comment to the media.