Gas leak causes mayhem on Marine Drive

2017-06-15 06:01

A CROWD of customers scurried out of the Margate KFC on Saturday after an explosion, followed by a gasoline smell, broke out in the store.

The ordeal caused mayhem on Marine Drive for an hour, however, management assured people it was only a gas leak. Store manager Conrad Msomi said the leak happened because there was some residual gasoline as one of the employees was trying to change cylinders. “We use both gas and electrical stoves for cooking - this was an unfortunate mistake, but it was sorted out the same day and no one was injured,” said Msomi.

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic

Jobs in Cape Town [change area]

Jobs in Western Cape region

Imports Controller

Cape Town
Professional Career Services
R10 000.00 - R12 000.00 Per Month

Architect

Cape Town
Mass Staffing Projects
R400 000.00 - R600 000.00 Per Year

Software Engineer

Cape Town
Tumaini Consulting
R720 000.00 - R960 000.00 Per Year

Property [change area]

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.