IDM setsout the requirements for indigent support

2018-03-21 06:00

ILEMBE District Municipality set out the requirements for registration for indigent support during the budget adjustment meeting held recently.

The water and/or sanitation account holder must present with the following:

• proof of household earning below R3 500 a month;

• identity document of the account holder;

• identity documents and/or birth certificates of those residing within that household. Adults are to produce IDs and children younger than 18 years to produce birth certificates;

• title deed or a letter from the ward councillor confirming your residency;

• three months bank statements. Pensioners and government grant beneficiaries to bring receipts;

• an affidavit done at a South African Police Station stipulating that you are unemployed and that your household earns below R3 500 a month; and

• contact numbers of people to contact should the municipality not be able to get hold of you.

To register, residents can visit iLembe House — inquiries section — with the above documentation or make a formal request through their ward councillor for the revenue unit to visit the ward and hold screenings for applicants.


Join the conversation! encourages commentary submitted via MyNews24. Contributions of 200 words or more will be considered for publication.

We reserve editorial discretion to decide what will be published.
Read our comments policy for guidelines on contributions.

Inside News24

Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.


Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.

Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire network.


Location Settings

News24 allows you to edit the display of certain components based on a location. If you wish to personalise the page based on your preferences, please select a location for each component and click "Submit" in order for the changes to take affect.

Facebook Sign-In

Hi News addict,

Join the News24 Community to be involved in breaking the news.

Log in with Facebook to comment and personalise news, weather and listings.