Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University’s (NMMU) admissions office is currently dealing with large volumes of enquiries, while trying to finalise the 2017 admissions process.“The university is aware that there are applicants who are still awaiting the final outcome of their applications following the release of NSC results last week and the admissions office is working around the clock to finalise this process as soon as possible” said Zandile Mbabela, NMMU Communication & Stakeholder Liaison.The university is attending to a larger than usual number of applications this year with more than 110 000 compared to approxi- mately 80 000 processed at this time during 2016. “NMMU has space for only 6500 first year students and has thus far given firm offers to 6469 prospective students,” said Mbabela. A number of programmes are already full, details of which are available under the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section of the 2017 intake website http://intake2017.nmmu.ac.za. Some prospective students are still waiting to sit for access assessment tests before a decision can be made on whether they would be given firm offers or not. Applicants who have a high APS on their final results and who have applied for programmes where there are still places available may be given the opportunity to write the Access Test. Other applications for programmes with additional selection criteria in faculties are still pending finalisation. “As first year registration is scheduled to start on Monday January 23, the admissions office assures that all applicants will know the outcome of their applications as soon as their applications are fully processed,” said Mbabela.