2 people die following separate mob attacks in Centurion

2018-10-08 13:57
(File)

(File)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Two people were killed in mob justice attacks on Sunday in two separate incidents in Olievenhoutbosch, Centurion, police said.

"The first incident occurred shortly after 12:00 on Sunday when three people aged 22, 23 and 35 were escorted and attacked by the mob accusing them of terrorising the community in Extension 37," police spokesperson Constable Tumisang Moloto said.

Moloto said the police managed to rescue the three men. He said one of the men later succumbed to his injuries in hospital.

Alleged robbery gone wrong

In another incident, two armed men robbed a tuck shop in Extension 25 and fled with an undisclosed amount of cash, he said.

He added that after the alleged robbery, the two suspects got involved in an argument that led to one of them drawing a firearm and killing the other.

"The community members gave chase and apprehended the suspect, and they assaulted him with stones. He also succumbed to his injuries," Moloto said.

Moloto said two unlicensed firearms had been recovered by police and cases of murder and attempted murder had been opened for further investigation.

Read more on:    pretoria  |  mob justice  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.