3 in court for SA Navy arms depot theft

2016-08-01 16:33

Cape Town – Three men charged in connection with a burglary at the SA Navy arms depot in Simon’s Town will apply for bail next week.

They appeared briefly in the Simon’s Town Magistrate’s on Monday, said Western Cape Hawks spokesperson Captain Lloyd Ramovha.

Two of the men, who were arrested in Steenberg on Thursday, faced charges of housebreaking, theft, and the unlawful possession of explosives, prohibited firearms, and ammunition.

A man arrested at the navy barracks on Friday faced a charge of being in possession of a prohibited firearm.

Ramovha could not immediately provide their names. They would return to court on Monday.

News24 previously reported that the SA National Defence Force had said that the men allegedly trespassed and got into the depot last weekend. Several guns, grenades and ammunition were stolen. 

 

NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 

Matric Results are coming soon!

Notify me when results become available

/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.