News24

3 suffer smoke inhalation

2013-04-05 18:50

Johannesburg - Two children and a domestic worker suffered smoke inhalation when a townhouse went up in flames in Bloemfontein, paramedics said on Friday.

"The two children, aged six and 11, and the maid went into the burning house to rescue belongings when they sustained smoke inhalation injuries," Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha said.

The cause of the fire was not immediately clear.

The three were stabilised on the scene and taken to a local hospital.