4 men in court over disappearance of 2 women

2017-12-22 15:27
Joey and Anisha van Niekerk. (Supplied)

Joey and Anisha van Niekerk. (Supplied)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg – The four men linked to the disappearance of two women from Mooinooi in the North West have been remanded in custody on Friday, following a court appearance.

Provincial police spokesperson Warrant Officer Mpeile Talane said the four would be kept in custody until their next appearance on January 5, 2018.

Aaron Sithole, 23, Jack Mokotedi, 18, Alex Mudau, 36, and Koos Strydom, 53, were arrested and charged with murder, kidnapping, robbery, unlawful possession of a firearm, defeating the ends of justice and rape after the disappearance of Joey van Niekerk, 32, and Gesina Sophia Anisha van Niekerk, 30, of Mooinooi.

The two women disappeared on December 10 after going to a funeral in Pretoria.

Talane said the two never made it to Pretoria, and their burnt out car was found last week Saturday.

Sithole, Mokotedi and Strydom appeared in court on December 15 and the case was remanded to Friday. Talane said it had been postponed again to allow police to continue investigations.

Read more on:    mahikeng  |  courts  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.