50 learners treated for food poisoning after eating muffins at school

2017-09-23 09:15
Muffin. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

Muffin. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Mokopane - Fifty learners were treated for food poisoning after eating muffins at a high school in Mokopane, Limpopo, paramedics said on Saturday.

Netcare911 spokesperson Nick Dollman said the learners had stomach cramps and were vomiting.

Dollman said 20 of the learners were rushed to hospital.

"It was suspected that they may have had food poisoning and additional resources were requested to assist at the scene."

The incident is being investigated.

Read more on:    polokwane  |  healthcare  |  education
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.