Johannesburg - The ANC dismissed any suggestions that the recent break-in at the EFF's parliamentary offices was linked to the ruling party, ANC Chief Whip Moloto Mothapo said on Thursday."These opportunistic utterances, entirely devoid of any substance or proof, are illustrative of a party desperate for attention," he said."It would not surprise anyone if the EFF faked the break-in merely to make these malicious and opportunistic claims against the object of its fanatic obsession, the ANC."On Wednesday, EFF leader Julius Malema said he had opened a criminal case in Cape Town after finding his parliamentary office had been broken into.According to a statement released by EFF spokesperson Mbuyiseni Ndlozi, documents containing Malema's travel and security information were removed from the office. The party suspected the robbery was "an inside job"."The EFF hopes and believes the South African Police Service [SAPS] and Parliamentary Protection Services will thoroughly and independently investigate the burglary if neither of them was involved in the act," Ndlozi said.Ndlozi described the growing trend of Parliament and its operations falling under the state security department, as "disgusting".The party believed State Security Minister David Mahlobo had implemented the "securitisation". Mahlobo "infamously jammed the network during the 2015 State of the Nation address".Mothapo said the party would not "stoop so low as to dignify such nonsense with a serious response".