News24

Alleged girlfriend killer case postponed

2013-07-15 12:06

Cape Town - A man appeared in the Goodwood Magistrate's Court on Monday morning for allegedly setting alight his ex-girlfriend, resulting in her death.

Roger Lucas, 24, wearing a blue tracksuit top and khaki pants, was led into courtroom A after being kept in custody.

He was told that the charge against him had been changed from attempted murder to murder, after Nazeema Terreblanche died in hospital at the start of the month.

He told the court it was the first time he had heard of the new charge.

The case was postponed until 31 July for Lucas to get a lawyer and for further investigation.

Lucas allegedly attacked Terreblanche on 14 June. The Daily Voice reported that Lucas and Terreblanche had been arguing.

He allegedly poured petrol over her - while she carried a friend's baby - and struck a match. The baby sustained minor burns to his feet.

It was believed that Terreblanche was pregnant at the time of the attack.

Comments
  • Jenn Palmer - 2013-07-15 12:49

    Burn him...Bastid!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Mahlatse Patience - 2013-07-15 13:00

    Yesses!!!he actually killed a pregnant woman,he must rot in jail.

      Conrad Fra - 2013-07-15 13:59

      It should be double homicide.

  • Nelson Ngwato - 2013-07-15 13:25

    Jerr, that man is cruel, he actually killed two in one. So justice must be done.

  • Samantha Suzanne Carr - 2013-07-15 14:10

    You want a picture of the accused Roger Lucas: http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/man-who-set-pregnant-ex-alight-denied-bail-1.1540616#.UePmSUEwf9U

  • Mpho L Mashegoane - 2013-07-15 14:42

    That whole province is high on tik and wine...

  • pages:
  • 1