News24

Anene Booysen murder probe continues

2013-04-22 21:58

Cape Town - The case of two men accused of raping and murdering teenager Anene Booysen was postponed by the Bredasdorp Magistrate's Court on Monday, the NPA said.

Jonathan Davids, 22, and Johannes Kana, 21, would appear in court on 21 May after further investigation, said Western Cape National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila.

"The forensic investigation in Pretoria has been finalised. We will be getting a report in two to three weeks. We are also busy analysing handwriting and cellphone records," he said.

Davids and Kana are the only two arrested for the crime in Bredasdorp on 2 February but Booysen, 17, had said from her hospital bed that five or six men were involved.

She had also named "Zwai", which was both the nickname of Davids and another man said to live in Zwelitsha.

Booysen was found severely beaten and disembowelled at a construction site. She died soon after being hospitalised.

Earlier she had spent several hours at a pub. Kana and Davids confirmed they had been at the same pub that night.

Davids was denied bail in February as the court said he had failed to prove exceptional circumstances existed for his release.

He has pleaded not guilty to the Schedule Six offences.

Kana has not yet applied for bail.

Comments
  • Mathoka Justinah - 2013-04-22 22:51

    Justice will be served,,,,her soul will rest in peace...

  • pages:
  • 1