Boy, 14, to appear in Joburg court for shooting rampage

2015-07-28 11:28

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - A 14-year-old boy who went on a shooting rampage in Berea, Johannesburg is expected to appear in the Hillbrow Magistrate's Court on Tuesday, police said.

"The boy went on a rampage and fired randomly and people as a result were injured," Hillbrow police spokesperson Sergeant Mdudzi Zondo said.

A man and a woman were shot and injured.

"He [the teenager] also shot himself in the foot and was taken to hospital under police guard."

The incident happened last week Thursday.

The boy was later released from hospital into his parents’ care.

Zondo said police were still investigating how the teenager got his hands on the firearms which belonged to his father.

The 14-year-old is facing charges of attempted murder and possession of an unlicensed firearm.

Read more on:    johannesburg  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
29 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.