Johannesburg - The girlfriend of a 21-year-old man critically injured in the bridge collapse near Sandton said she had no idea her boyfriend had been involved in the tragedy when paramedics called her phone late on Wednesday.The girlfriend told News24 she received a call at around 23:00 from paramedics who called the last number he had dialled on his cellphone.Her name had been saved as "Soulmate" on her phone.She said she was angry with him for not coming to visit her and had had no idea of the crash. She said she did not watch television.The mother of the 21-year-old has asked the public to not point fingers at those they think are responsible for the tragedy.His mother, who did not want to be named, told News24 she herself did not go to work on Wednesday, because she gave her last R20 to her son for taxi fare, so he would not have to walk to work from home in Tsakane in the east. The young man, who celebrated his 21st birthday on Saturday, was sitting in the front seat of the taxi when the partially-built pedestrian bridge collapsed in peak-hour traffic on the M1 highway in Johannesburg.He is on a ventilator in Charlotte Maxeke Hospital.‘Let’s not point fingers’"It hurts to see him in that state, but God knows why this happened. Let's not point fingers to those who were building that bridge, because it is not their fault."If God didn't want him to stay alive, he wouldn't be," the petite woman said.The mother said she had not had the heart to tell his two brothers - one in matric and one 8-years-old - that their brother was one of those involved in the accident they saw on the news on Wednesday evening.She said her son works for Telkom in Sunninghill and had called his girlfriend just before leaving the office to say he would come to visit her.Charlotte Maxeke head of trauma Steve Moeng said two men and a woman were in the intensive care unit. The men were both on ventilators.The mother thanked the doctors for helping her son."My children are everything to me."