Johannesburg - Parolee Eugene De Kock is fine and an application to demand that authorities produce him in court will not be filed, his lawyer said on Tuesday."I can confirm that we were on the verge of launching an application for habeas corpus and Mr De Kock contacted me to advise that he was fine and at this stage we will not be bringing an application," Julian Knight said."That is all I can say at this point in time."Habeas corpus is a writ used to bring a prisoner before a court to determine if their detention is lawful.When Knight was asked if he knew where De Kock was, he said: "If I knew I wouldn't tell you, but I don't know where he is."On Friday, The Star reported that De Kock was out of jail but was apparently secretly handed over to security forces for detention, against his will.According to the report, Knight planned to use a writ of habeas corpus to determine whether his continued detention was legal.Last week the justice and correctional services ministry, the State Security Agency, and the police declined to comment.At the time Knight said he received instructions from De Kock asking for help, saying he is being held against his will."We are instructed by our client that, to date, he has not been released from custody and has not been handed over to community corrections to commence his parole," he said at the time.Knight said paperwork indicated he was in the care of the police.The Star reported it understood De Kock was being held in a house because of an undefined threat against him.De Kock commanded an apartheid police hit squad based at Vlakplaas. He was sentenced in 1996 to two life sentences plus 212 years for crimes including murder.On 30 January, Justice and Correctional Services Minister Mike Masutha announced he had approved De Kock's parole.