Delmas electrician suffers severe burns

2010-12-25 20:07

Johannesburg - A man sustained sever burns after being shocked while fixing a faulty transformer in Delmas in Mpumalanga on Saturday, paramedics said.

The man who works for the municipality was called to fix an electricity tranformer earlier on Saturday when the incident occurred, ER24 paramedics said.

The man sustained burns to his hands, back and legs and he was airlifted to a hospital in Johannesburg.

  • G_MAN - 2010-12-25 22:00

    What a shocking story.

  • Chop tjop - 2010-12-25 22:32

    Ek dink nie daai ou was lekker ge-earth nie.......

      Mikemcc - 2010-12-26 05:50

      He became the earth, hence how he was shocked.

  • Lourens - 2010-12-26 08:10

    To be electrocuted means to die. Did he die news24? Bad reporting

      JohnMK - 2010-12-26 08:41

      I agree with Lourens, even though I am Afrikaans, that is clear to me. In the afrikaans papers I constantly see the same kind of mistakes, reporters saying a person "het verongeluk", when he has not died, but was in an accident. Something wrong somewhere.

      G_MAN - 2010-12-26 09:21

      Good spot there. To be electrocuted means your heart stops from electric current or to die from electricity!

      reibad - 2011-01-04 14:41

      A GOLD Star to you all!!!What baffles me is that there is no mention of the word "Electrocuted" in the article, so hats off to you, Lourens!! Seems more like a case of bad reading than bad reporting!

  • BigMoose - 2010-12-26 09:02

    Watt ampened? Ohm my god, I hope he's all light. He is currently in hospital, in a series condition. Those burns must hertz. Luckily he is only incapacitatored, he could have diode, then he would be fluxed.

      rodneykdc - 2010-12-26 10:55

      Jy Mooose funny!

  • pages:
  • 1