Eastern Cape boy, 7, killed on N2

2013-03-22 13:31

Johannesburg - A 7-year-old boy was killed on Friday on the N2, near Ndabakazi Junction, Butterworth, Eastern Cape police said.

He was knocked down by a car around 09:00, police spokesperson Jackson Manatha said.

"The 7-year-old boy was hit by a car that was travelling from East London towards Butterworth. He was rushed to Butterworth hospital, but died on arrival at the hospital."

The boy had been walking with another boy, 11, to a shop in Ndabakazi Station, from Dwarheni Location in Cegcuwana village.

Manatha said the victim was crossing the road, when the 11-year-old saw a car approaching and shouted for him to come back.

  • JJ_D - 2013-03-22 13:41


  • pages:
  • 1