Five released in teen shooting case

2012-09-13 16:54

Johannesburg - Five people arrested in connection with the killing of a teenager in Muldersdrift were released on Thursday, Gauteng police said.

Lieutenant Colonel Katlego Mogale said the five men who appeared in the Krugersdorp Magistrate's Court on Thursday were released, as there was "no evidence" linking them to the murder.

The men were accused of attacking and robbing a man and his two daughters in Muldersdrift last week.

Armed robbers approached the family in their driveway and ordered them out of the car.

A 13-year-old girl, her 17-year-old sister, and their father were shot at after their cellphones were taken.

They were taken to hospital, where the younger sister died.

On Wednesday, police said the five men had been arrested in Zwartkops and Diepsloot.

A memory card belonging to one of the teenage girls was found in possession of one of the men.

Mogale said police were investigating how the man had got hold of the memory card.

  • Dawn Campbell Gibson - 2012-09-13 17:31

    FFS - No words.

  • henk.vanrensburg.31 - 2012-09-13 17:39

    Let the white genocide continue!

  • elgh.elgh - 2012-09-13 17:40

    The one was in possession of something that does not belong to him. How the fu$%^ can you say that there is not enough evidence against this thug.

  • leo.strelley - 2012-09-13 17:42

    The police must be pretty fn stupid if they don't know how he got hold of the memory card.

  • charlesglass1895 - 2012-09-13 17:43

    If this is the case how badly does a murderer have to screw up to actually be convicted??? So much for the rights of the victim... Sad.

  • - 2012-09-13 17:58

    No evidence, yet they have one of the girls memory cards..... bright else did he get the memory card other than rob and kill her ?

  • eugene.muller.7 - 2012-09-13 18:01


  • SharonE - 2012-09-13 18:02

    They must have had cause to arrest them in the first place!

  • eugene.muller.7 - 2012-09-13 18:03

    What do they want? Blood splatter on his face???

  • charnelle.bester - 2012-09-13 18:37

    Another life lost at the hands of these savage barbarians, they have stolen goods yet they are released. Shows me where their priorities lie. No wonder this country is at the brink of civil war.

  • stefan.kruger.1297 - 2012-09-14 07:59

    A memory card belonging to one of the teenage girls was found in possession of one of the men.... So what do you need your proof for IDIOTS!!!! send them to JAIL!!! this country has NO JUSTICE NONE!!

  • godesha - 2012-09-14 08:19

    According to Beeld there was another shooting 3 houses down from the Botha family's. This happened last night. Either it is not the same bunch or they are really stupid returning to the same area so soon after being released. My opinion, it is the latter.

  • Hemlock - 2012-09-14 08:26


  • bradley.kecskes - 2012-09-14 10:21

    No evidence??? are you kidding...its like news24 and other authorities are trying to troll us and make us mad...."memory card of girl" either he is the culprit or he got it from some where. Did the police even bother asking these questions?

  • pages:
  • 1