Henri van Breda to get any professional help needed - lawyer

2015-01-29 12:10
Henri van Breda (Facebook)

Henri van Breda (Facebook)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Cape Town - All necessary professional help will be provided for Henri van Breda following a vicious attack on his family that left his parents and brother dead and his sister critically injured.

Henri, 20, sustained a few cuts and bruises on his arms in the attack while his parents and brother were murdered with an axe. His 16-year-old sister Marli suffered a severe head trauma and a severed jugular.

The Van Breda family’s lawyer Don Bosman would not say what kind of professional help would be provided for Henri, who is currently living with an uncle in Stellenbosch.

Bosman told News24 the uncle was “determined” to provide “any professionals needed” by Henri.

Henri’s condition was “reasonable in the circumstances”, Bosman said he had been told by the uncle.

Bosman said he was unaware if Henri had made any mention of the events that led to the attack.

According to a resident who wished to remain anonymous, Henri was found by a neighbour sitting outside the family home with a phone in his hand. The neighbour is thought to have contacted the police who then arrived at the estate and informed security of the murder scene.

Reports said the son had been taken in for questioning but police denied this. And despite the family lawyer and the media naming the victims, the police are still refusing to do so.

“There is a responsibility on [police] to protect the identity of the people who survived the attack on their life and therefore the names of the deceased cannot be officially released,” Western Cape police spokesperson André Traut said in an email.

De Zalze Homeowners Association chairperson Eben Potgieter told News24 they had found no breach of security. He said there was an 8km fence surrounding the estate and there are security cameras around the property.

He also told News24 that the family hadn’t received any visitors on Monday night or Tuesday morning but said it was possible that they had received a visitor who had his or her own access card.

Bosman said funeral arrangements would be made later on Thursday.

Lauren on Twitter

Read more on:    cape town  |  crime  |  van breda murders
NEXT ON NEWS24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
76 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.