News24

Joburg toddler electrocuted

2012-12-28 21:04

Johannesburg - A 3-year-old girl died on Friday after being electrocuted in Kaalfontein near Midrand, said emergency workers.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Santi Steinmann said the mother reported that the child was shocked by an exposed electrical wire while playing.

"Paramedics arrived on scene and immediately commenced with resuscitation but after 40 minutes [realised] they could not revive the young girl," said Steinmann.

Comments
  • theMichaelHawthorne - 2012-12-28 23:28

    I'm not a racist I just hate the anc....

      Rebecca - 2012-12-29 01:06

      Your hatred is like you eating poison and expecting anc to die, let it go.

  • di.hingley - 2012-12-28 23:28

    How sad...R.I.P little one.

  • pauline.wasowicz - 2012-12-29 07:58

    shocking how some people can be so racist and insensitive in this day and age. This could happen to any person's child be they any colour. Shame on you Mr Bosepa. May this never happen to your child one day, karma is a funny thing.

  • konanani.rachicoper - 2012-12-29 08:52

    What does white,black,anc got to do with this article?,RIP little miss.

  • jivazzi - 2012-12-29 12:55

    What is wrong with SA. First there was a racial remark and then slurs all over SHAME ON YOU ALL !!! I feel pity for the parents and relatives on a time like this.

  • Mike Peach Purchase - 2012-12-29 16:02

    My condolences but this could have been prevented.

  • Thebigguyjim - 2012-12-30 06:36

    This is probably because the electricity Installation was faulty. Where was the EARTH LEAKAGE RELAY. (This is a legal requirement) How come there was exposed wiring that the child could get to. Many more questions need to be asked. The responsible people MUST be charged.

  • colin.spear - 2012-12-30 08:01

    and who's responsible for this exposed wire? Surely they're not just going to wash over that and not bring the responsible person to book.

  • Pulverturm - 2012-12-31 10:51

    What a pity the mother didn't know CPR, she might have been able to save her child. CPR should be a mandatory subject at school at about the age of 16!

  • pages:
  • 1