Durban - "Mama, please pour cold water over me, I am burning," were the cries of a 4-year old boy, burnt with acid, that will now haunt his aunt forever.The family of the Ntokozo Nzuza, 34, and her little nephew Mlungisi Ngongoma, say they want the attackers, who poured acid over the two while they were sleeping, to be arrested so they could get answers."What made them do such a horrible thing? Why kill them that way?” asked Zandile Nzuza, 20, the deceased woman's sister.Ntokozo and Mlungisi were attacked in her room on July 30. It was alleged an unknown suspect walked into the apartment along Mansel Road, off Umgeni Road, and threw acid on them.Nzuza died on September 1 and Ngongoma died last Friday. Both succumbed to their injuries.‘There was a strong smell’Zandile, who lives in Chatsworth, said she was scheduled to meet her sister at her apartment the morning of the incident.“I got there at around 05:30 and found my sister’s door open. When I walked inside, I choked and closed my nose because there was a strong smell.”She said the strong stench made it difficult to breathe, so she quickly went inside the room to investigate.“The springs were sticking out of the mattress and the clothes in the room were burnt.”Zandile went outside to ask the community what had happened.“I asked them where Ntokozo and Mlungisi were, but they wouldn’t say anything. I called my sister Gugu and she told me to meet her at Addington Hospital.”Gugu is Mlungisi’s mother.‘Her chest was black’She found her Ntokozo and her nephew in a pitiful state.“The only thing my sister kept saying was, ‘My chest is burning’. I asked her to show me and when she opened her hospital gown, her chest - it was black, it was burnt. I think she felt like her body was on fire.”Nzuza said she was more heartbroken by her nephew’s cries.“He kept saying ‘Mama please pour cold water over me, I am burning’.”She said she asked her sister what had happened, but all she could say was someone poured acid on them while they were sleeping.“We were told she walked out of the room screaming and [held] a container with acid saying, ‘this is what burnt me’.”Mlungisi was brave, cheerfulMlungisi’s grandmother Nokwazi Mgongoma, 43, from Emthembeni in Ndwedwe, said she was devastated by her grandson’s death.“He was burnt from head to toe. He died on Friday.”Ngongoma said she still asks herself who would want to harm her grandson.“We heard there were tensions and problems in the housing committee at the flat they lived in. We heard there were factions and the residents were divided, but we are not really sure what the problem was,” Ngongoma said.She described her grandson as a brave and cheerful child.“He was very happy. Even when I saw him on Thursday, he was brave, he loved Ntokozo very much and they were very close.”The police are appealing to anyone who may have information to contact detective warrant officer Sivan Naidoo on 031 325 4107 or 083 519 0356, or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.