News24

Man electrocuted in Ventersdorp

2012-10-17 16:58

Johannesburg - An Eskom employee was electrocuted and another sustained burns while they were working on a cable in Ventersdorp, North West police said on Wednesday.

Captain Tselane Nkala said the two were fixing a cable near an electrical pole on Tuesday.

They had attached a safety cable, used to cut off the flow of electricity, to the faulty cable, but the safety cable became detached while they were working.

One man was electrocuted. His colleague was taken to Ventersdorp Hospital for treatment of burns to his right hand and ribs.