Mthembu shooting case postponed

2015-07-30 19:30

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - The case against the five men accused of shooting and wounding ANC MP Jackson Mthembu during a robbery has been postponed to September.

"Hopefully the trial might resume then, depending if they have hired new lawyers," he said on Thursday.

At their last appearance, the men told the Witbank Regional Court that they had fired their lawyers.

Mthembu was attacked while withdrawing money from an ATM in Mandela Street, Emalahleni, on October 19 last year.

He was approached by an armed man, accompanied by several others, and ordered to withdraw all the money in his account.

A scuffle ensued and Mthembu was shot. The bullet grazed his cheek and hit him in the shoulder. He was hospitalised for 10 days.

The men were arrested at their homes in an informal settlement in Emalahleni.

Read more on:    jackson mthembu  |  johannesburg  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
1 comment
Comments have been closed for this article.

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.