Pretoria - Dragging Mozambican taxi driver Mido Macia behind a police van was intentional, the High Court in Pretoria heard on Tuesday.During closing arguments on Tuesday, state prosecutor Charles Mnisi told the court that handcuffing Macia to the back of the police van and dragging him for about 200 metres was wrong, and none of the officers had done anything to correct their actions on the day.The eight former Daveyton policemen accused of killing Macia will now have to wait a week to hear Judge Bert Bam's findings."They had a legal, professional and moral obligation to stop the vehicle. None of them actually came [to court] and said when they realised the accused was hooked to the back, they tried to stop it," Mnisi said."Dragging the deceased was intentional, as was tying him to the back, because that was the only way they could manage to arrest him."‘They foresaw that dragging would injured him’He dismissed suggestions by the officers that the incident was a mistake or an act of negligence on their part."They subjectively foresaw, by virtue of their training, that dragging the deceased would injure [him].”Macia died from head and chest injuries. He had been bleeding on the brain and both his lungs were full of blood, the court heard earlier this month.He was found dead on a holding cell floor on February 26, 2013 with his arms above his head, wearing only his socks, underpants and a T-shirt.Macia had been arrested earlier that day after police confronted him for obstructing traffic with his minibus taxi in Daveyton on the East Rand.Judgement reservedOne of the policemen initially accused of murdering Macia, Constable Matome Walter Ramatlou, 37, has been acquitted because there was no evidence against him, News24 reported earlier.Ramatlou was the only one of the accused who was not dismissed after a disciplinary hearing, and had already resumed his duties as a police officer last year.The remaining accused - Meshack Malele, 46, Thamsamqa Mgema, 35, Percy Jonathan Mnisi, 26, Bongamusa Mdluli, 25, Sipho Sydwell Ngobeni, 30, Lungisa Gwababa, 31, Bongani Kolisi, 27 and Linda Sololo, 56 - have all pleaded not guilty.Judgement has been reserved till August 25.