News24

Surgeon details Modimolle attack

2013-04-15 12:00

Pretoria - A sharp object was used to assault Ina Bonnette, the ex-wife of "Modimolle monster" Johan Kotzé, the North Gauteng High Court heard on Monday.

"A certain amount of violence would have been needed," plastic surgeon Johannes Kritzinger testified about the injuries to Bonnette's breast implants.

Kritzinger told the court there were between five and 10 puncture wounds to her right breast and three to her left. "The cuts were made with a very sharp object."

State prosecutor Retha Meintjes showed him a needle more than seven centimetres long and asked if it could have been used to make the puncture wounds. Kritzinger said a sharp object with the same width would have left the same wounds.

Wounds

Kotzé's new lawyer, Piet Greyling, asked Kritzinger whether the wounds were inflicted by a needle or a nail.

"The wounds were made by a thin, sharp object, and it is clean wounds?" he asked.

"Correct," Kritzinger said.

He agreed it was more likely the wounds were inflicted with a needle than a nail.

Kotzé, Andries Sithole, Pieta Mohlane, and Frans Mphaka are accused of murdering Kotzé 's 19-year-old stepson Conrad Bonnette at Kotzé's house in Modimolle on 3 January 2012.

They are also accused of kidnapping, assaulting, repeatedly raping, and attempting to murder Ina Bonnette earlier that day.

A plea of not guilty was noted on behalf of Kotzé after he refused to enter a plea, and claimed his accountability and ability to follow and contribute to court proceedings was in question.

His three co-accused all pleaded not guilty to the charges. They claimed Kotzé forced them to take part in the attack on Bonnette and claimed they had only pretended to rape her.

Bonnette testified Kotzé tortured her with various objects before instructing the other three to rape her.

She told the court she listened to her son pleading for his life before he was shot in the head and heart.

Comments
  • Dotmatrix - 2013-04-15 12:09

    What a horror story. Glad that justice will prevail but lives are already ruined and lost. Tragic

  • Emily-Jane Elson - 2013-04-15 12:21

    Sick Sick Sick...

  • Enid Jill Matthews - 2013-04-15 12:30

    This thing (I cant call him a man) Should be sent back to the cess pool he crawled out of and please send him back there painfully slow!

  • Sarah White - 2013-04-15 12:39

    Is this not "example" time???

  • Monique Naude - 2013-04-15 12:44

    Rotten monster. Been following this story since the report came out on social networks, when the man hunt started. An innocent man wouldn't have disappeared. He would have made known, his whereabouts. I'm sorry. To plead not guilty!? It is disrespectful. I hope him, and his co-accused face life in prison, simply because he denies he did it. I know our tax money is paying for jail time, but he should not be allowed to roam freely, between innocent women and children.

  • Carolyn Sims-Handcock - 2013-04-15 12:49

    This murderous man needs the maximum the law will allow

  • Greg Page - 2013-04-15 13:06

    this scum of the earth dog should have the same done to him! eye for an eye.... he is not a man at all.... real men dont rape and abuse woman!!!

  • Janice Mcmaster - 2013-04-15 13:10

    EVIL BASTARD!!!

  • Carol Harvey - 2013-04-15 15:19

    No words to describe how I feel about this thing !

  • James Smythe - 2013-04-15 18:45

    Hang this piece of human trash.

  • Jenifer Johnstone - 2013-04-15 23:30

    how can you defend an evil monster like that and sleep at night ,let him defend himself,ugly man

  • Karin Coetzer Swanepoel - 2013-04-17 11:21

    Bring back the Death Penalty! This is a waste of Tax Payers' monies! This monster murdered a young man and planned a brutal attack on a woman, so why spare his life?

  • pages:
  • 1