News24

Woman electrocuted in Lenasia

2012-12-27 14:02

Johannesburg - A 40-year-old woman was accidentally electrocuted in Lenasia on Thursday, Johannesburg emergency services said.

Spokesperson Robert Mulaudzi said paramedics declared her dead at the scene.

"It appears she was fiddling with the electrical cable and was electrocuted. We are waiting for City Power to switch off the power, as we suspect the cable might be live."

Comments
  • debduplessis - 2012-12-27 14:34

    I guess the wire is LIVE... thats why she died!

      mathata.fela.7 - 2012-12-27 18:28

      Electricity is a Western invention....African culture does not understand such difficult, magical things.

      BulletProof. - 2012-12-27 18:36

      If it doesn't have a main trip switch, the connection was ilegal, otherwise the switch will trip before she died, unless the trip switch was faulty."FROM EXPERT"

      makarapakaplan - 2012-12-27 18:55

      @bullet. If there was earth leakage yes if just a disconnect switch such as a circuit breaker not connected to earth leakage she would die,

      BulletProof. - 2012-12-27 19:48

      @makarakapaplan, I agree with you but I part from a principle that if the installation is legal it should have all the earth leakage conditions in place and if doesn't have that means was not inspected and there for ilegal.

      sheik.mohammad.378 - 2012-12-27 21:21

      There are levels where common sense is lacking.

  • Madoda Nhonho - 2012-12-27 14:38

    @deb, lol! i'm jst wondering wt r thy going to do on tht live cable.

      marilyn.docherty.9 - 2012-12-27 16:48

      Perhaps they were trying to 'hi-jack' electricity from the cable!!! The story does not give much info.

      BulletProof. - 2012-12-27 18:38

      All cables at your house connected to 220V AC are live.

  • beki.khumalo - 2012-12-27 17:49

    Izinyoka!

  • mart.botha - 2012-12-27 18:08

    Shocking reporting.

  • makarapakaplan - 2012-12-27 18:52

    She was jacking electricity finish and klaar! Good!!!

  • Philip - 2012-12-27 19:11

    The price for stealing electricity is death!

  • Madoda Nhonho - 2012-12-27 22:09

    ppl plz, she myt have died due to poor maintenance (exposed conductors), cable damaged by the izinyoka etc. so plz let's nt jump the gun here. some1 has lost/mother/daughter and/or a friend.

  • godesha - 2012-12-28 07:19

    How terrible, but why was she fiddling with the cable?

  • Madoda Nhonho - 2012-12-28 08:29

    an electrical network has different voltage levels (the reporters MUST specify ths when reporting electrical contact incidents).

  • logical007 - 2012-12-28 11:13

    Shocking!

  • pages:
  • 1