See the highlights from City Press on Sunday, October 1, including explosive claims by senior officials on how Treasury has been captured under Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba, the latest on the ANC leadership race, and consternation over SA’s Oscar film submission.Senior officials insist Treasury is capturedSenior Treasury officials have accused Finance Minister Malusi Gigaba of “capturing” national Treasury, usurping the power of his director-general (DG) and establishing a parallel administration run by close aides in his office.The claims were made by several senior Treasury executives and two other top government bureaucrats who work closely with the finance ministry.- Read the story here.Zweli versus Cyril in ANC succession raceThe final stretch of the ANC succession race could turn out to be a straight sprint between deputy president Cyril Ramaphosa and ANC treasurer general Zweli Mkhize.With the campaign by Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma said to be losing steam and those of other candidates spluttering, Mkhize is mopping up support as he quietly works towards dislodging the campaign of the initial frontrunners.- Read more hereMondli Makhanya: Warped logic sold as wisdomSee City Press editor Mondli Makhanya’s column on how there is talk that the ANC’s national elective conference may collapse. - Read the column hereZuma tried to give her house awayDays after the death of Ontlametse Phalatse, who suffered from progeria, a rare genetic disorder that causes premature ageing, President Jacob Zuma vowed to fulfil his promise to her and her mother that he would build the family a house.But RDP house recipient Velaphi Nkosi, who had been on the housing waiting list for 19 years, was shocked to learn that Zuma wanted to give her home to the Phalatses.Read more here.Xhosa initiation film Inxeba (The Wound) selected as South Africa’s Oscars bidThe controversial gay Xhosa initiation film Inxeba (The Wound) starring Nakhane is South Africa’s entry for next year’s 90th Academy Awards in the category of best foreign language film.But it wasn’t an easy choice.City Press has heard that the selection committee of film professionals organised by the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) met on Tuesday evening and deliberated deep into the night, finally arriving at a decision at 02:00 on Wednesday.Also, traditional leaders in the Eastern Cape have reacted with outrage to the news. Nkosi Mwelo Nonkonyana, the newly elected chair of the Eastern Cape House of Traditional Leaders, says chiefs will do everything in their power to stop “the offensive” film from receiving accolades.“We are fundamentally opposed to this film. In fact, we think it should be interdicted in court. We don’t want it at all. We are disappointed that government can [allow it to be shown] without even consulting us,” he said.Read the full story here.- For more, see the City Press homepage.