Boy, 8, dies in Gauteng blaze

2018-04-14 23:23
SA police. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

SA police. (Duncan Alfreds, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

The body of an 8-year-old boy was found after a fire broke out in Florida, Gauteng police have confirmed.

Gauteng police spokesperson Captain Mavela Masondo told News24 the child died in the blaze on Friday night.

ER24 spokesperson Russel Meiring said paramedics responded to the scene in Third Road where a fire had broken out in a flat.

"Several people had already evacuated and were crowded on the pavement. Paramedics began to assess the patients and found that seven were suffering mild smoke inhalation," he said.

They were treated but later declined transportation to a hospital.

"Once the fire services had extinguished the blaze, the body of an 8-year-old boy was found.

Unfortunately, the boy had already succumbed to his injuries. Nothing could be done for him and he was declared dead."

Masondo confirmed an inquest docket has been opened.

Read more on:    fire
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.