Coffin case transferred to high court

2017-06-26 10:41
Coffin assault accused Willem Oosthuizen and Theo Jackson back in court for hail hearing (Lerato Sejake, News24)

Coffin assault accused Willem Oosthuizen and Theo Jackson back in court for hail hearing (Lerato Sejake, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Middelburg - The case against two men who allegedly forced Victor Mlotshwa into a coffin and threatened to pour petrol over him, was transferred to the High Court in Delmas on Monday.

Theo Jackson and Willem Oosthuizen appeared in the Middelburg Regional Court in Mpumalanga on Monday morning. 

They face charges of kidnapping and assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm.

The alleged assault took place at the JM de Beer Boerdery, near the Komati power station in Mpumalanga. 

On August 17, 2016 Mlotshwa noticed two Land Cruisers following him, investigating officer Constable Dimakatso Bahula previously told the court.

It was reported that the SUVs stopped and two men are said to have assaulted Mlotshwa and kicked him, without any explanation.

In a 20-second video of the incident, which was posted on YouTube, one man, speaking in Afrikaans, forces Mlotshwa into a coffin and threatens to pour petrol on him.

The trial will start on July 31 to August 10. 

They both remain in custody.

Read more on:    mbombela  |  crime
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.