Gauteng learners rushed to clinic after eating 'expired sweets'

2020-02-22 20:25
(iStock)

(iStock)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

At least 16 learners from Vusisizwe Primary School in Soweto were hospitalised  after eating expired sweets.

According to the Gauteng department of education, the learners were rushed to Zola clinic on Friday after feeling sick. All the affected learners had bought and consumed sweets from a vendor at the school.

“All learners were medically attended to and later discharged, the last two learners were released at about 21:00 [on Friday evening],” Gauteng education MEC Panyaza Lesufi said in a statement.

On Thursday, Lesufi revealed that 39 learners from Lofentse Girls Secondary School in Soweto were hospitalised after eating “poisoned cakes”.

“The learners were taken to hospitals after they complained about stomach pains while others were vomiting. They were then transported to hospitals where they were seen and later discharged,” Lesufi said.

Read more on:    panyaza lesufi  |  education
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.