Houghton Virgin Active evacuated after gas leak

2017-10-13 16:27
(File, Nielen de Klerk, News24)

(File, Nielen de Klerk, News24)

Multimedia   ·   User Galleries   ·   News in Pictures Send us your pictures  ·  Send us your stories

Johannesburg - The Virgin Active - Old Eds in Houghton had to be evacuated after a gas leak on Friday, paramedics said.

Netcare911 spokesperson Nick Dollman said paramedics responded to the incident at around 11:20 on Friday.

Dollman said there was a strong smell of chlorine in the air.

Two men had minor to moderate symptoms while a woman had slight symptoms after they inhaled the gas.
 
Dollman said all three were gym employees.

They were transported to hospital.

The gym could not be reached for comment.

Read more on:    virgin active  |  johannesburg  |  accidents
NEXT ON NEWS24X

Inside News24

 
/News
Traffic Alerts
Traffic
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.
 
English
Afrikaans
isiZulu

Hello 

Create Profile

Creating your profile will enable you to submit photos and stories to get published on News24.


Please provide a username for your profile page:

This username must be unique, cannot be edited and will be used in the URL to your profile page across the entire 24.com network.